Most of y'all know that I have a seven month old, which is why I'm SO excited about this next round of submissions calls for Simply Handmade! We've decided to do an issue about all things BABY! It will hit the stands in May of 2012 and we're accepting submissions until November 15th. The details are below:
Whoa, baby! We're putting together our first ever book about handmade crafts and projects for the wee ones we adore. We want to see anything and everything you've made related to those pint-sized bundles of love, particularly items that fit the following sections:
- Applique - Try your hand at the traditional fabric on fabric or go with paper on paper or fabric on paper. Anything baby-related will be considered here!
- Baby Shower - Think easy or go elaborate! Share your projects created for all aspects of a baby shower. From favors and games to centerpieces or a coordinated dessert buffet setting, we want to see it all!
- Beautiful Basics: Floral Cotton - The type of patterns that call to mind beautiful vintage aprons hanging on the clothesline, or just your favorite fabulous floral. Any fabulous floral will do! The projects can be anything baby-related, but the main component should be floral cotton fabric.
- Bibs - Send them adorned with ruffles or bows or plastic-coated and practical. Don't forget about bibs for boys, too!
- Diaper Bags and Accessories - Because everyone likes to tote their tiny tot's things in style! Send us diaper bags, wet wipe holders, pacifier clips, and more! What innovative product can you dream up? (Pssst: Don't forget about "masculine-looking" creations for when daddy is on diaper duty!)
- For the Nursery - If it's to decorate walls, hang from the ceiling, or something sweet to sit on the dresser, send it this way please! This section is limited only by your imagination - think out of the box!
- Pint Size Paperie - Whether it's a baby announcement, a shower invitation, or a congratulations card for the new sibling-to-be, send us your beautiful baby-related correspondence.
- Preserving the Moment - How do you preserve the moments from baby's first year and/or the little one's birth stats? In a mini album, a piece of art, a shadow box, or on a traditional scrapbook page? Get creative with this one! Anything goes!
- Quiet Books - It could be all fabric, or you could use more traditional scrapbook supplies. (Hint: Iron-on photos or even fun, interactive features like lacing!) Whatever you can dream up to put in a book that keeps those little ones occupied.
- Soft and Cozy - Whether it's a blanket, a plush toy, or a pillow, we're looking for all baby-related soft textiles treasures.
- Wee Wearables - From decorated onesies and screen printed t-shirts to bloomers and teensy shoes. Send us anything a baby could wear! Bows and hats are also included in this section.
- The Boutique - Have you created something baby-related that is absolutely adorable, yet doesn't fit our current calls? Send it anyway! We're always inspired by all sorts of fabulous creations!
Deadline: 11:59pm (Mountain Time) on Tuesday November 15th, 2011
Head on over to the brand spankin' new Northridge Publishing site to submit! There are only a few days left! Please note, we're no longer accepting submissions to any @northridgepublishing email address. Please use the simple and spreamlined submission sheet on the site! When you get to the main site, click on 'submissions' near the top-right corner.