Twenty seven random things on my twenty seventh birthday:
1. Today, Jason and I both took the day off to celebrate!
2. Right now, my kitchen table is filled with balloons and roses.
3. Today, I'm going to write a letter to myself to read a year from now. About what I want to accomplish in my 27th year on earth.
4. Number four had to be my iPhone 4. Of course.
5. I feel happier and more blessed at 27 than I ever have been.
6. So far, this has truly been the best birthday ever...and it's far from over!
7. My eleventh birthday is a veeery close second, though. It was tropical-themed. And my mom covered our front porch with sand and sea shells and hung fishing nets from the columns on the front of our house.
8. I do not yet know what the day will hold.
9. I do know it will include seafood.
10. And cake.
11. Tradition: The day after one's birthday, leftover birthday cake is served for breakfast.
12. This year, I hope to get my [super secret] handmade business off the ground.
13. I also hope to be as dedicated at the gym as I have been these last few months. (Hooray!)
14. Each year, my mom makes whatever kind of cake I want for my birthday.
15. Usually, I pick mint cheesecake.
16. I think I'm going to go with German chocolate this year.
17. My boys are AWESOME at picking out things I like. It's crazy how well they know me!
18. My work family made me feel so special yesterday at my "work birthday". I'm so thankful I work with such wonderful and caring people.
19. I will not clean or do laundry today. Nobody will. It's a funday!
20. Twenty seven sounds a little too close to thirty. Eek.
21. Yesterday I spent all of my birthday money at J.Crew. Because a girl can never have too many ruffled cardis.
22. I'm thankful I grew up in a home that made a BIG deal about birthdays. Because of this, our son has the most crazy-cool birthday parties we've been to. It's what we do.
23. Are you still reading? No? Nocakeforyou. :)
24. I hope to make an even bigger positive difference in the lives of others this year than I did last year. Working for a nonprofit will easily enable me to do this!
25. This past year, I rediscovered how truly BIG the little things are.
26. I'll continue to be filled with gratitude for the abundant love, special people and many blessings in my life.
27. Raising my Starbucks white chocolate mocha to my best year yet!